Italian confetti salad makes me think wistfully about summer trips to Italy, particularly to the Venice beach. I would bet that one of the skimpily-clad beach bronzers would enjoy this salad with a cool glass of San Pelligrino or local vino at an informal garden trattoria.
Italian Confetti Salad
4 cups dark organic romaine lettuce leaves, torn
1 cup fresh basil leaves
½ cup radicchio, torn into small pieces
1 large local, organic vine-ripened tomato, sliced
½ cup rinsed and drained, canned organic chick peas
3 cauliflower florets, chopped fine
¼ cup mixed sunflower and pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup organic hemp oil
1 tsp. lemon juice
Squirt of glycerine, agave nectar or honey
1. Whisk together dressing ingredients
2. Arrange romaine, basil and radicchio on individual plates
3. Place tomatoes and chickpeas on top of the leaves
4. Sprinkle chopped cauliflower and seeds on top.
5. Drizzle dressing over all.